This recipe is DANG good and pretty easy. It is the perfect meal to make for two with a glass of wine. ***A couple tips to make it even easier/better: Sometimes I feel like being lazy as I did the night we made this, so I bought pre-chopped onions and used a couple spoonfuls of canned minced garlic that I already had in my fridge. (This saved me roughly fifteen minutes and spared my eyes from crying about the onion) We also added mushrooms and we added 1/4 of a block of cream cheese because we are obsessed with both.
Things you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt, Pepper and Oregano (1 tsp)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jar of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- As much spinach as your heart desires
- Mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 block of cream cheese (optional, for creamier taste)
- First, season the chicken breasts. Using about a teaspoon of oregano, salt and pepper, season both sides of both chickens.
- Place 3 tablespoons of butter into a large skillet with a dash of olive oil. Add some sun dried tomatoes. When the butter is melted, place chickens in pan.
- Let them cook fully, until the center is white. Once cooked, remove chicken and keep on a plate nearby.
- Next, make the sauce. Add 3 more tablespoons of butter, another teaspoon of oregano, onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Slowly add in chicken broth, heavy cream and cream cheese, letting them gradually melt in. Once the sauce has thickened, add chicken back in.
- Add as much spinach as you’d like. When the spinach is wilted and cooked in, the dish is ready to serve.